John Cooley's family

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 11:50:55 -0700

If we can firm up the first generations, say to John Cooley's
grandchildren, we will have entered an era largely awash in records.
Future researchers should be able to tie to the family with relative ease.
I think it's a doable task, but there are areas in even the second
generation that are still questionable. Those of you who have followed the
list from the beginning know that recently discovered records and a DNA
match make it probable that we have identified another of John's sons,
William Matthews Cooley.

But what about his daughters? I don't think I've had received
correspondence or seen posts about either Hannah or Elizabeth. This is
what I have for them on my "FGS" at
http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/ :

--quote--
Hannah Cooley (1774-) Believed to have been born in Surry County, NC.
(often cited as Stokes county but that wasn't formed until 1789). There is
a Hannah Cooley listed as witness to a deed along with John and John
Cooley Jr (Bk E p 229, 11 Aug 1792, Richard Goode to Reuben Sparks).
Married Luke Barnett/Burnett 23 Dec 1795. It's worth noting that her
niece, Joanna Cooley (daughter of Edward), was referred to as "Hanah" in a
family bible record. In other words, should we be looking for a Joanna
Cooley Barnett?

Elizabeth Cooley (1783-) Believed to have married William Blackburn 19 Sep
1805 in Stokes County NC. A William Blackburn can be found on the 1810
census for Casey county, KY (1 male 26-44, 3 females under 10, 1 female
26-44). It's not known if he's the same man. He may have been the son of
Newman Blackburn and grandson of Ambrose Blackburn. As I suspect is true
for the Cooleys, the Blackburns came to Town Fork Settlement NC from
Caroline County VA.
--endquote--

-Michael