Interesting Dublin Will Abstraction

From: Mary Lou Cooley <mlcooley_at_q.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:36:09 -0700

I found the following on Ancestry.com! The names of John Cooley & Hannah
Cooley really caught my eye.

Quaker Records, Dublin, Abstracts of Wills
Pages 74 & 75
No. 154 - Paine, Samuel, Cork Street, Dublin, brewer.
   "To wife Mary Paine (L - ?pound)10 and his bed furniture thereof and 'all
her wearing apparel of what kind soever', also 10 pounds yearly out of
property in Cork Street now in possession of Josiah Wilson, tanner, the
reversion of all title and interest in this to go to son Henry Paine and his
heirs; failing which to my son Samuel Paine.
   To my daughter Mary Haughton, wife of Joseph Haughton, title and interest
in property in Cork Street held from Bernard Brown the reversion to her son
Samuel Haughton, or if dead to any other eldest child failing which to her
husband the said Joseph Haughton, or if dead to my son John Paine and then
to my son Samuel Paine. To my daughter Hannah Cooley right and interest in
house and property 'Scituate and being by the river near Dolphin's Barn',
now in possession of Joseph Shaw, potter, the reversion to my said son Henry
Paine and his heirs. To my two grandchildren John and James Barr 4 lbs
apiece till reaching 21 years or dying, to be paid out of the holding in
Dolphins Barn from John Faulkiner, the reversion to go to two other
grandchildren Mary and Sarah daughters of Samuel Paine and then to my
grandson John Cooley. My enclosed fields or park near Dolphins Barn, held
from Jacob Poole, to my son Samuel Paine.
    My now building, brewhouse, malthouse etc. and also all vessels,
utensils, etc. and stock of ale and drink to be sold at the best profit (the
house being let till then if necessary for any term not exceeding 61 years).
All household goods and effects to be sold and following legacies paid: My
son Samuel Paine 20 pounds. My son John Paine 40 pounds. My son Henry
Paine 100 pounds. My daughter Mary Haughton 20 pounds. My daughter Hannah
Cooley 40 pounds. Residue also to said children. Executors my kinsman John
Peerey of Naas, Kildare, malster, Jonathan Fletcher of Meath Street,
cordwainer, and Robert Clibborn, of Meath Street, merchant.
   Dated 24 May 1732. Proved 7 July 1732.
   Witnesses: John Peile, Henry Horne, John Stoddart.
D.5.70

Source: Quaker Records, Dublin, Abstracts of Wills
Edited by:
P. Beryl Eustace and Olive C. Goodbody
Clearfield Company

Mary Cooley