Re: Interesting Dublin Will Abstraction

From: The Cooleys <lvcooley5_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:58:29 -0700

Sorry, I got my Irish geography mixed up. I was thinking of the English
(and Scots) used to populate the plantations in Ulster and whether they
or their descendants would consider themselves "English" which is
somewhat analogous to "English" colonists in America. But I realize it
gets even more complicated if you (or your parents) were born in
Scotland, emigrate to Ireland and then either you or your children
emigrate to America via England!

Thanks for the map. I also found this of interest at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Dublin

"The Vikings </wiki/Viking> invaded the territory around Dublin
</wiki/Dublin> in the 9th century, establishing the Norse
</wiki/Norsemen> *Kingdom of Dublin*, the earliest and longest lasting
Norse kingdom in all of Europe outside of Scandinavia
</wiki/Scandinavia>, excepting the so-called Kingdom of Mann and the
Isles </wiki/Kingdom_of_Mann_and_the_Isles>."

Jim