Re: Old Bailey Court Records for John Cooley & Alexander M'Donald,

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:00:27 -0700

I think you're probably right, Mary. I've always wanted to make footnotes
for those on the Spotswood lists that I've found info on. (I did just
added a note for John Pedder.) In addition to Goode, Pedder, and McDonald,
I've found info on Sale/Sail, Alley, Thorpe/Tharpe, Benjamin Head, and
probably others.

Trying to find links among these lists is fun. Nathaniel Gist's (of
Townfork) brother, Christopher (and Daniel Boone and George Washington),
fought at Braddock's defeat. Richard Goode is said to have also been
there. I've found nothing to indicate that John Cooley might have been
present. Apparently, the Virginia Regiment paid a high price in
casualties.