Re: 1790 census and horse racing in Ky

From: Jane Wisdom <jdwisdom_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 14:51:01 -0500

Thanks, Micahel. Thanks for keeping us straight on which ones are ours and
which ones may not be. Just amazing how many Cooley families were already
here in the 1700s and not all connected. Isn't there a possibility some of
the Cooley's were on the prison ships from Ireland or Scotland? Again, they
may be taken to England before they were shipped to America? What an
interesting group of people!! Such courage to come to Mo in 1811 when they
had to live in forts to survive.

I may be coming to your point of view on James Cooley that married Jane
White. There is every possibility he could be the son of Joseph. I'm still
looking for confirmation but it is a strong possibility and Dale Walker
might have gotten it wrong. Need some proof one way or the other. They
were all living in the Fort together for the first period so these families
really intermarried.
Jane