Re: 1790 census and horse racing in Ky

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 15:26:00 -0700

I wish the DNA evidence could tell us where he belonged. But something may
come up. The one descendant of Joseph's who has tested, Mary's Mike, has a
DNA value at DYS-391:

http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/ydna.html

The question is when did that marker come into play? Certainly, John did
not have it. Was it introduced by Joseph or a later descendant in the line
to Mike? The really neat thing would be that Joseph introduced it and all
of his male descendants carry it. But we're along way for making any such
determinations.

The descendant of the Jack county James, Lee, has a couple of unique
markers, as I do. The only two testers who match clear down the line are
Jim and Scott, the descendant of William M Cooley. But there are just not
enough testers yet to know what that all means.

I'm hoping my talk in DC will stimulate some additional interest about this.

-Michael