Re: [Fwd: 2012 Officer-Cooley Family Reunion]

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:42:41 -0800

Hi Gloria,

I'm trying to rehash this without going through all the emails.

1. Your John Bailey married Elizabeth Cooley in Dickson co TN.

2. On the 1850 census, your John Bailey is living with his parents in
Dickson county a few doors over from James and Martha Cooley and their
family.

3. John Cooley married Martha Bearden in Monroe co MO, 1835.

4. John and Martha are known to have had Ervin C Cooley. Milo appears
almost certainly to have been a brother.

5. John Cooley, probable son of James Cooley, m Eliza Locke in Howard
county in 1832. He was born in 1812. This may be the man who committed
suicide in Howard co in 1846.

6. It's appearing increasingly more likely that the Martha Cooley of 1850
Dickson county was John's widow. Willow Cooley (male) listed on that
census could have been Milo, and Polly could have been the Mary Storey
living with Martha Cooley in 1860. Who was James, born 1794 in NC? (I
think he was the probable son of Perrin Cooley Sr. That James likely had
no children.)

7. We thought we were on the trail of Mary Storey, but (I think) we
eventually agreed that that Mary Storey was someone else.

8. If John m1 Eliza Locke (1832) and m2 Martha Bearden (1832), then some
of these could have been half-siblings. The hope is that the mtDNA of
Elizabeth Bailey--which you possess--may one day be matched up with a
possible sister or a possible aunt of Elizabeth's. One area to look at is
the marriage of Joseph Cooley and Elizabeth Locke--was she Eliza Locke's
sister or cousin? If they were sisters, they'd have had the same mtDNA.

Can it get any more confusing?

-Michael