Re: Birth date for James Cooley that married Jane White

From: Shirley Wilcox <slwilcox_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:28:00 -0400

It's been several years since I head Hank speak. He is a Fellow of the
American Society of Genealogists and is best known for his books and
articles on the Palatines. You can read about him at
http://www.hankjones.com/

You are correct that the age of the female was inconsequential as once
she was married, even at say age 15, she would not be listed as a minor
heir. And yes, once married, her husband would normally control anything
she inherited.

Shirley Wilcox

On 9/27/2011 4:32 PM, Michael Cooley wrote:
> Of course, the -husbands- at that time were the actual heirs, as inferred
> in the "letters." The females ages may have been inconsequential because
> of their marriages.
>
> The only Hank Jones I've heard of is the great jazz musician (brother of
> Thad Jones and Elvin Jones)! I assume that Hank Z Jones is a noted
> genealogist.
>
> -Michael
>
>> females were of age at 18 and males at 21 doing this time period, I
>> believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>> Just came home from hearing Hank Z Jones speak at our gen. meeting. He is
>> always a very intertaining speaker. Since he lives here in San Diego
>> county we have him about every year or so.

60-Year-Old Mom Looks 27
Mom Reveals Free Wrinkle Trick That Has Angered Doctors!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e82782725ab280d146st06duc