Re: Birth date for James Cooley that married Jane White

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:50:23 -0700

Good to hear from you, Shirley!

Thanks for the info on Hank Jones. He's a very interesting fellow! I guess
I haven't followed genealogy personalities as closely as I have jazz
personalities. :)

And thanks for the confirmation about the lack of legal status that women
had back then. (I'm starting a book called "Mothers of Invention" for the
Civil War class I'm taking. It's about just that--which, of course, was
much worse in the South.) It is looking like the sisters were the oldest
siblings in James's family--an interesting pattern: two or three girls
followed by umpteen boys!

-Michael