Re: John Cooley m Jane White

From: Sandra Stanton <sandystanton_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:49:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
It certainly does make sense that John Cooley, as mentioned below, would have been too young to be the son of James.

I do think that the letter that Arthur M. Kiergan sent to Mildred Cooley Tallant dated 30 May 1832 mispoke where he mentioned the bondsmne as being John Cooley and Thomas (Uncle Tant)... It was Randolph White, Jr who was called Tant and not Thomas.

I have another letter from Sarah E. Roberts to W.W. Smith dated 9 Sep 1936.
Quote: [Dear Mr. Smith,
Please pardon my delay in writing you. I hope the information which follows may be of some benefit to you.
 My grandmother' name was Jane White, daughter of Randolph and Margaret Kirkland White. She was born Jan. 26, 1802.  She was married to James Cooley and three children were born to them, two boys and a girl.  Alzada (she had no there name). My mother, was born Aug 25, 1826 and she was married to Burrel Roberts Aug. 27, 1846. The boys died when young.  My mohter's name was Cooley and not Tuttle, as you have it.
  Grandmother Cooley married Thomas Tuttle as her second husband, and Washington, the father of Mrs. Terrell was their son.  I think Nicholas Tuttle, The Revolutionary soldier was Thos. Tuttle's father.
  If you will write, Mrs. W.H. Sears of Clarence, MO. she has all the information about the Tuttle family.
  Grandmother had a number of brothers and sisters but the only ones I can recall her mentioning were, Harrison, Charles, John, Thomas and Tant and Margaret (Aunt Peggy Jackson).
  I don't know anything about the other people you inquire about.
  Some of the information I have given is from my Bible and part of it is from memory.
  I should like to meet you sometime if you are ever in Macon.

Sincerely,
Sarah E. Roberts.
[end quote]

I wonder why she forgot to mention Nancy as a daughter.

Sandy