Re: DNA for William Matthews Cooley

From: G Tanner <gjtann7_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone made any progress in finding out the parents of Elizabeth Cooley of Missouri who married John Calvin Bailey?   ________________________________ From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com> To: John Cooley Mailing List <undisclosed.recipients_at_johncooley.net> Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:17 PM Subject: DNA for William Matthews Cooley I just spent an hour and an half writing an email. Just moments before sending it, I caused it to disappear! This one is going to be short and to the point! Thanks to Jeanette Pollard, Scott Cooley, as descendant of William Matthews Cooley, has tested and is a match to the Stokes county Cooleys! He matches 37/37 markers with Jim Cooley of Las Vegas. The ramifications of the match are fascinating--but not cut and dry. (I talked at length about it in my lost email!) Here are some links that will bring you up to date: The archive for this resurrected John Cooley Mailing List: http://ancestraldata.com/listarchive/johncooleylist/ Timeline showing the paper trail of William Cooley from Stokes county NC to Steward county TN: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/StewartCoTN.html DNA results: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/ydna.html Jim Cooley's lineage: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/lineages/Cooley-Bearden-desc.html Since we now know that William was of the clan, I've merged his line with John's. However, as good as it appears, we can't yet be certain that he was John's son: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/lineages/johncooley-desc.html John Cooley page: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/ If you don't want to be part of these mailings, respond and replace the Subject with UNSUBSCRIBE -- spell it correctly, else it will go to the list! Let's talk! Do you think William was John's son? Any ideas on Jim's line and how he might fit? Any good information about Abraham Cooley of Surry co NC? Any new research that the list should be aware of? Just respond to this posting or send a new email to list_at_johncooley.net . I'll post more about this and other subjects over the next couple of days. -Michael -- <a href="http://newsummer.com/distlist">distlist 0.9</a> See http://ancestraldata.com/listarchive/johncooleylist/ for list information.