Re: DNA for William Matthews Cooley

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:31:02 -0700

Hi Gloria,

As you know, Jim and I thought that your Elizabeth could have been a
sister of E C Cooley. I'd be interested in his thoughts but it seems to me
that we may have been heading down the wrong road.

There are a number of loose hanging Cooleys in MO. Jim's John is still
one, although DNA appears to be sorting it out. Mathias Cooley (Cornelius,
James, John) is said to have had two or three brothers who, like Mathias,
were adopted out or lived with relatives. They've never been identified.
Isaac N Cooley (James, John) died young. I've only recently learned that
he had children. Two sons are likely ID'd but we don't know about others.
John's son. Perrin, had a large family. We can only guess as to who his
sons were. And a DNA tester who as a Stokes county match to Perrin C
Cooley is hanging out on a limb. We're guessing Perrin C grandfather was
Perrin, but we have no strong evidence.

There's still a lot of work to do.

Gloria, email the list what you know about Elizabeth. Perhaps someone has
some additional thoughts.

-Michael