[List] Cooley's deaths from Missouri newspapers

Sandra Stanton sandystanton at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 28 16:20:49 PDT 2007

Hi
I am beginning to think it is one and the same Joseph
Cooley.

First of all I tried to pin point just when Joseph
Cooley left Howard County and went to Clay County.
Checking the marriages of his children I found Hannah
married William Wilson in Howard County in July 1823
the last year that I can place him there. So I am
guessing that Joseph left after that.  Maybe since he
had not been in Clay county long, if at all, the
newspaper gave Howard county as place of death.

Secondly, could the family been on the move to Clay
when he died?

The June 1826 date given in Missouri Miscellany most
likely is not the death date but when probate was
opened and the administrator was named.
Sandy