[List] Cornelius Cooley

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Thu Mar 15 18:25:03 PDT 2007

Cornelius and Mary (and their family) are also found on the 1880 census in
Marion county living next to his brother Stephen.

I'd forgotten about the Cornelius in the CW. I may have not known that he was
buried at the Elder Cem. Tropozone puts the cemetery pretty much right at the
 place that the Rolling Fork and the Little South Fork meet--two rivers that
figure prominently in the Cooley deeds. I've often wondered if our John could
be there too. I've written an email to the library in Liberty but haven't had
a response.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=37.5436&lon=-85.0203&size=l&symshow=n&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG

As Sandy pointed out the 1840 MO Cornelius is probably this guy:

|   |  Cornelius Cooley (1814-1844 MO) m Dolly White
|   |   |  Mathias Cooley (1837-1915) m Wilhemina Smith
|   |   |   |  Cornelius J Cooley (1870-)
|   |   |   |   |  Rolland Cooley (1899-)
|   |   |   |  McGirt Cooley (1873-)
|   |   |   |  Sampson J Cooley (1881-)
|   |   |   |  Wallace Cooley (c1890-)
|   |   |   |  Willis W Cooley (1893-)

http://www.ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/y-desc.html

(See the notes for son Mathias.)

Looking further, I have John Clark Cooley as son of Andrew Jackson Cooley
(George, Reuben, John). Reuben's son Cornelius wasn't born in until 1844, so
that certainly rules him out as the guy who sold horses in 1845 but he could
have been the Cornelius in the CW. Hmmmm...something to look into.

-Michael

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:40:38 -0400, Shirley Wilcox wrote