[List] Cornelius Cooley

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Thu Mar 15 17:40:38 PDT 2007

There is a Cornelius Cooley who was in the Civil war (10th KY Inf) buried
at Elder Cemetery in Casey Co. [Glaydys Cotham Thomas, Casey Co., KY
1806-1977 (Bi Centennial Heritage Corp., 1978), p432. There are no dates.
Also in the cemetery are John Clark Cooley 1899-1963 & Sue (King) Cooley
1932-1971. This Cornelius may be the man selling stock in 1845.

There is a Cornelius Cooley in Fishing River, Ray Co., MO in 1840, p333,
but he is only 20-30 years old.

There is a younger Cornelius Cooly on the 1850 census of Marion Co., KY,
p428/855. He is 6 years old at that time and the head of the household
was Reuben Cooly, 81, born NC. He is still in Marion Co. in 1870 (p21A&B)
and living with him is probably his wife, Mary, age 20.

Shirley