[List] Cornelius Cooley & Tennessee Militia

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Thu Mar 15 17:40:29 PDT 2007

I haven't seen the book but have seen the list for the company he served with.
His commanding officer was Capt James Gray who may have been the same James
Gray, brother of Joseph Gray, William Cooley's father-in-law:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~tnstewar/1812wa.htm

Again, this is just high speculation but is, I think, worth keeping in the
back of our heads while we search. Although the William Cooley of Stewart
County is now proved to be (at least to my satisfaction) the same William of
Washington County KY, it is still to be shown that he was the William Matthews
Cooley of Stokes County.

-Michael

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:48:10 -0700, Cooley wrote

1815<http://www.genealogical.com/products/Record%20of%20Commissions%20of%20Officers%20in%20the%20Tennessee%20Militia%201796-1815/3865.html>

<http://www.genealogical.com/products/Record%20of%20Commissions%20of%20Officers%20in%20the%20Tennessee%20Militia%201796-1815/index.php?main_page=wantlist_add&products_id=644>

Settlers<http://www.genealogical.com/products/Early%20Tennessee%20Settlers/7511.html>