[List] Fw: Re: The Y-DNA of the Springfield, MA Cooleys

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Thu Dec 14 11:10:26 PST 2006

I'm sure Don's right here.I was probably thinking of the Maryland Cooleys. I'll poke around to see if there's something else but Don is far more on top of this area than I am.

Thanks, Don, for bringing it to my attention.

You said "these Cooleys are of the MA Cooleys. Geneteic tests on descendants of the Springfield Cooleys are quite different from the results that Don and I had"

Which Y-DNA results are you referring to? I'm aware of the Maryland Cooleys -- and I'm 17 mutations from them over 37 markers. And I know the guy who runs the Cooley website (forgot his name) from Utah has different Y-DNA than us. Is he of the Springfield,MA Cooleys?

Best Wishes,

Don

On 12/13/06, michael at newsummer.com <michael at newsummer.com> wrote:Hi Shirley,

You've probably already seen this post on Walden-L. I -believe- (but haven't
looked close enough to feel confident about it) these Cooleys are of the MA
Cooleys. Geneteic tests on descendants of the Springfield Cooleys are quite
different from the results that Don and I had:

--quote--