[List] Reuben Cooley of Jessamine county KY

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Mon Dec 11 16:10:27 PST 2006

Yes, I agree. I think the Rubin Cooley Branch is probably named for the Reuben
later of Marion county. Some believe -that- Reuben was son of Edward of
Washington county IN, believing that John's Reuben died in 1795 but I think
the following makes it clear that they were not the same Reuben.

A general question for the list... Do we know for sure that Edward really
-did- have a son named Reuben? He's not listed in Edward's will. Can it be
that some researcher merely had a spare Reuben floating around and simply
placed him with Edward. Do we have better evidence other than old group sheets?

According to an article on Elizabeth Cooley Brewer, Edward had 8 children.
Five are named in his will. Interestingly, Elizabeth Brewer is not.

-Michael

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:46:15 -0500, Shirley Wilcox wrote