[List] Reuben Cooley of Jessamine county KY

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Mon Dec 11 13:46:15 PST 2006

The Reuben Cooley that Peggy Chapman is talking about is a different
Reuben who was born later than Reuben, son of John Cooley of Stokes Co.,
NC.  The Stokes Co., NC Reuben Cooley was born 1770-80 if he is the man
on the 1830 cenusus of Washington Co., KY. He probably was in his
father's household at the time of the 1800 census. It was 4 years later
that he acquired land from his father. In 1810 there is a Reuben Cooley
on the census at Casey Co., KY.

Shirley

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:59:01 -0800 michael at newsummer.com writes:
> In a family group sheet made in the 1980s, Dale Walker states that
> John
> Cooley's son Reuben was the Reuben who died in Jessamine county KY
> (1795).
> This is decidedly not the case as John Cooley deeded land to his son
> Reuben in
> Stokes county, NC, 1804, both being residents there at the time.

(http://www.ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/128/JohnCooleyDeeds.html#john2re
uben).