Perrin Cooley Sr

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:53:29 -0700

Looking at my notes. Sandy pointed out some time ago that Perrin's
daughter, Eleanor, married William Green, 3 Oct 1816 in Howard County, MO.
I think she also noted then that they had a son named Perrin. I see these
children for William and Eleanor:

    James Green
    Perrin Green
    Berry Green
    Mary Polly Green
    Sarah Jane Green
    William J Green
    Albert Green
    Priscilla Green
    Nancy Green
    Peter Green

This could be Perrin's grandson:
1860 > ILLINOIS > SCHUYLER > RUSHVILLE TWP
GREEN PAREN 33 IL

Early census records for Perrin:

1800 > NORTH CAROLINA > STOKES > NO TWP LISTED
Series: M32 Roll: 32 Page: 546
Perrin Cooley 20010 20010

1810 > KENTUCKY > WASHINGTON > NO TWP LISTED
Series: M252 Roll: 8 Page: 323
Perrin Cooley 40010 02100

We can be sure he had at least two daughters and four sons, but two of the
sons I have attributed to him were born after 1810:

Elizabeth Cooley (1794-) m Thomas Massie
Eleanor Cooley (1796-) m William Green
James Cooley (1797-1850+) m Polly Massey?
John Cooley (1802-1860+) m Elizabeth
Perrin Cooley Jr (c1813-1880+) m Lucinda Carter
William C Cooley (1819-1902) m Frances Elizabeth Andrews

I have William there only because he doesn't fit anywhere else. But any
way we cut it, assuming that the dates for Perrin Jr and William are
accurate, we're missing two sons. One of them may have been Perrin C's
father. I can't think of any males of their generation that we haven't
attached somewhere. And it appears that James, John and Perrin Jr had few
children among them, if any. These "missing" sons, if true, could also
account for the missing father of Jim's John Cooley who married Martha
Bearden.

Too bad there is no 1820 MO census. How closely have the Missouri land
records been looked at?

-Michael