Re: Perrin Cooley

From: Cooleyjoel <cooleyjoel_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:04:03 -0700

We found both of the entries re Perrin C. , the one in Illinois and the later in Kirksville. According to family lore Perrin and Margaret (Reed) were married in 1865 in Missouri so the marriage record of Perrin and Margaret in MO in 1891 is puzzling. ANOTHER Perrin? Their first living child was Joseph C. Cooley (1868-1922). He is Joel's grandfather.

One census record had Perrin C. Married 3 times. We know he had another child, Nellie Cooley Woods, by someone other than Margaret, but who?

We follow all your wonderful info and still continue to look for more clues for Perrin C. Cooley 1820-1912 and Margaret Reed Cooley 1846-????

Away from home for a bit but will get Joel to send you a copy of Perrin and Margaret's probable wedding photo later this summer, Michael. We are disappointed to miss your presentation in Nearby DC. Thank you for all you have contributed to these fascinating (and numerous) Cooleys
And encouraging my own research for them and my side of the family too!

Nancy and Joel Cooley
Burke, Virginia

Sent from my iPad