Re: Perrin Cooley

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:48:06 -0700

Going through my notes, there has been discussion that the John in
Randolph in 1840 was Jim's John, who married Martha Bearden, with this
possible breakdown:

2 males under 5 (EC and Milo)
1 male 5-9 (?)
1 male 30-39 (John)
1 female 5-9 (Mary Ann Storey)
1 female 15-19 (Julia Ann?)
1 female 30-39 (Martha)
1 female 50-59 ( !!!! )

So, how many Johns should there have been in MO in 1840? I can think of
these:

John Cooley (1793-1844) m Elizabeth White
John W Cooley (1790-1857) m Mahala Hardwick
John Cooley (1802-1860+) m Elizabeth
John H Cooley (1812-1846) m Eliza Locke
John Cooley (-1840+) m Martha Bearden

There has been discussion that the John who married Eliza Locke is the
same who married Martha Bearden.

But there is one John in Randolph county and one in Carroll county.

-Michael

> The John Cooley listed in Randolph County, Mo. in 1840 I think is the son
> of
> Joseph Cooley, my GGGG Grandfather. He is listed as living near Randolph
> White, his father in law, as his wife was Elizabeth White. Other Whites
> also live near by. Is there another John Cooley listed in 1840 in
> Randolph
> County? This John Cooley died in 1844 in Randolph County, Mo. murdered
> near
> his home. Details unknown.
> Jane

>>> 5 wedding photo of Perrin C. Cooley and wife Margaret Ann (nee Reed) .