Re: Perrin Cooley

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:47:20 -0700

Looking at my notes for Perrin C, the 1910 census says that Perrin and
Margaret had been married for 47 years. That would make their marriage at
about 1863, the year of Joseph Custer Cooley's birth. They had Albert in
1875 and Frederick c1879. The 1900 and 1910 census both state that 2 of
their seven children were still living, obviously Joseph and Albert.

Looking at the 1860 census, he may have been married to Polly Wood and had
a four year old daughter, Harriet. And he could have been the Perrin
married in 1849 to Emeline Sutton.

If we believe that he and Margaret had been married for nearly 50 years,
then what of these later marriages? We know that Mathias M Cooley had a
son named Perrin, born c1856. Might he have returned to Missouri?

-Michael