Mary reminded me...

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:37:51 -0700

The 1790 census Stokes county census for John has 5 males under 16 living
with him. One would thing that they were Perrin, James, Rice Reuben and
Cornelius. But if we have birth dates correct, Perrin would have been 21
and James would have been about 18.

I'd forgotten about the 1815 sale of Stokes county land by Edward Cooley.
The record was signed by his mother-in-law, Martha (Ham) Raper. The 1820
census entry for him in IN shows two females over 45. One was his wife.
Who was the other? Martha Raper? His mother?