Re: 1804 & 1805 Land Deeds from John Cooley to sons in Stokes Co., NC

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 17:55:17 -0700

I believe Richard Goode served in more than one company. John may have
also. It's the presence of the two men together from Caroline county, and
the presence of so many Carolina county VA families in Town Fork
settlement that indicates that Capt Spotswood's John Cooley may have well
been ours. I haven't noticed any similar ties with the other Cooleys
listed in the book.

-Michael