Re: 1804 & 1805 Land Deeds from John Cooley to sons in Stokes Co., NC

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 17:51:25 -0700

Certainly, land laws do change from state. In any case, I've never seen
her mentioned in any deeds. The early census records seem to indicate that
she outlived him. Of course, he may have married more than once, but I
think the even distribution of the children's births indicate there was
one mother.

-Michael