Re: Arthur Kiergan letter

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 18:09:15 -0700

Jane,

Arthur surmised that "James Cooley, of August 25, 1829, John Cooley and
Jane Cooley were brothers and sister," but that all he knew for sure that
"Thos ("Tant") White was a brother to my grandmother," Elizabeth White
Cooley.

In other words, he was assuming that Jane was James's sister rather than
wife.

It's not proof but he's suggesting that John is bondsman because he was
James's brother and that Thomas White was his brother-in-law. Do we know
that Jane and Elizabeth were sisters?

-Michael