Re: Tax List 1775, Surry County, NC lists John & son James Cooley

From: Mary Lou Cooley <mlcooley_at_q.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:26:42 -0700

Well...it appears that Mary Frances Wernwag Cooley was not a Wernuke...Census records show name as Wernwag; Franklin Cooley wrote the name as Wernwag several times in his CW pension file; the marriage certificate/record lists her maiden name as Wernwag. I can only assume someone transcribed the death certificate incorrectly or Kate Cooley Robertson, step-daughter to Mary, gave incorrect information or?.

Mary