Re: [Fwd: 2012 Officer-Cooley Family Reunion]

From: G Tanner <gjtann7_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:07:14 -0800 (PST)

That's great Michael.  Yes, I have some news.  I'm doing the DNA testing for the female Cooley line.  I'm a 5th generation decendent of Elizabeth Cooley.  I just received my test, so I'll be getting it back into the mail next week.  I am hoping this will help give some insight into this little mystery we've had with her.    Gloria From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com> To: John Cooley Mailing List <undisclosed.recipients_at_johncooley.net> Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2012 6:51 PM Subject: [Fwd: 2012 Officer-Cooley Family Reunion] Thought I'd forward this on. These Cooleys are descendants of John's son Joseph and grandson (through James) Cornelius. Some other news: I've been asked to speak at the Cooley Family Association of America (CFAA) reunion in July at DC. Perhaps some of you can make it. It would be great to meet you. And I've started a genealogy club at Humboldt State University. Among other things, I'm hoping the club can encourage the HSU library to acquire resources. (There's next to nothing up here!) So, does anyone else have any news? -Michael ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: 2012 Officer-Cooley Family Reunion From:    "Mike & Mary Cooley" <m2cooley_at_q.com> Date:    Thu, March 1, 2012 1:51 pm -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Cousins: Please find attached the announcement for the 2012 Officer-Cooley Family Association Reunion.  We are very fortunate to have an excellent facility lined up this year very near the area where our ancestors settled when they got to Oregon in 1845.  You'll note also that the program is a little more complex than past years so I suggest you print and save a copy or file one electronically where you can read it again near the time of the event.  We'll also be sending out reminder notices as we get near the Reunion.  The big date is Saturday July 7 at Champoeg Park just off I-5 in the northern Willamette Valley.  But there is also a social event and BBQ the night before for those who can make it.  Although RSVP's are not mandatory for either event, having them will help us plan for the expected number of cousins who will show up.  Details are in the Announcement. Keep in mind that some cousins do not have email so please make an effort to let them know the particulars by other means. Memorabilia is always welcome at our Reunions so bring what you can. Sometimes it amazing what will turn up. You will note the 10 historic pictures that are incorporated in the announcement.  All but one of them show relatives in our common lineage. Most but not all of the people shown were on the 1845 wagon train that got lost following Stephen Meek across eastern and central Oregon.  One actually came out to Oregon in 1843.  See how many you can put names on and we'll let you know how close you came at the Reunion. We are really looking forward to a great Reunion this year.  So please make an extra effort to show up and enjoy your extended family as well as learn something about our common heritage. Mike and Bud Co-Chairs