Re: COOLE listed among Manx Surnames

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 22:02:32 -0800

Thanks for the link, Jim. I'll watch it tomorrow. I love BBC
documentaries. There's a good one called "Britain AD" renamed "The Age of
Arthur" for American audiences.

Do you have a link for these results? I can't find the Isle of Man project.

The results I have on the Y page are the only R1a1-2b results I've seen
other than ours. Our common ancestor to this man might go back 2000 years
or so.

It just occurred to me that even if our John's grandfather had Y grandsons
other than John, they might not have living patrilineal descendants. In
the scheme of things, it's a rare thing that our Y's share a common
ancestor born 275 year ago and is of a line that stretches back to the
beginnings of the human race. I wonder how many Y lineages die for each
one that survives?

-Michael