Re: COOLE listed among Manx Surnames

From: The Cooleys <lvcooley5_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 20:04:59 -0800

I was thinking R1a1 (or even R1a1a) but I typed R1a for the general
antagonist to R1b. Plus the
article I was looking at just had R1a, with the implied Scandinavian roots.

I also found a fairly close match at ftdna under the Isle of Man
project, kit no. 188790, with a
surname KEIG, an R1a1a tracing back to 1730.

This was the first time I've noticed the COOLE surname within the
British Isles, and with the Isle
of Man situated in the Irish Sea, sort of midway between the Irish
Cooley Peninsula and Scotland,
well, I got a little excited.

Check this out when you get a chance, right around the 6 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqmhod-RpN0&feature=related

Jim