Re: COOLE listed among Manx Surnames

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:22:34 -0800

I haven't looked deeply into it. The connection is so ancient that it can
tell us, I believe, only about the general sweep of the group.

I did, however, find a fairly close matching r1a1-b2. I have his results
listed in the last column at
http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/ydna.html . It's been awhile since
I've corresponded to him. He's not a Cooley and, if I recall correctly, he
was born on the eastern coast of England, perhaps Sussex. I think there
was an adoption involved in his line, too. We were unable to take our
correspondence very far.

BTW, I don't think it's R1a that's Nordic. That haplogroup is even found
in India. But I think R1a1 is.

-Michael