[Fwd: RE: "Maury County Cousins"]

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:37:55 -0800

Shoot. There's no mention in "Maury County Cousins" of William Matthews
Cooley. I'll check with Helen Harrell and see if she has another idea as
to where she found the entry. And Trent (below) was certainly very
helpful. Perhaps he can provide further assistance.

It's possible that the whole notion was the result of someone's
imagination. We've certainly seen it before (Hamil, Elizabeth Cooley and
the Dutch Cooleys, for instance.) It certainly wasn't Helen's imagination.
She has a good reputation. There's a reference out there somewhere. We
just need to find it and evaluate whether it's worth anything. I'll keep
looking.