John Cooley's death

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:21:54 -0700

I wrote a little while ago regarding my thoughts about John Cooley's
death. I believe it happened in 1811 because 1) that's the year he last
appears on any public record 2) his sons Joseph, Perrin and James went to
MO that year 3) son Edward left the old home in NC to IN that year and 3)
son Cornelius last appeared in KY in 1810 and appears c1814 in TN living
near William Matthews Cooley--the idea being that he too may have moved in
1811.

Looking at an old FGS for Joseph Cooley by Jim Terry just now I see this
note for Joseph's daughter Polly:

--quote--
10. Warren County, Kentucky Marriages 1797-1850 (Indianapolis, Ind. : The
Researchers, 1985?), p. 27. Jesse Mitchell and Polly Cooley, 22 Mar
1811. Joseph Cooley is named as Polly Cooley's father. .... Jordan Dodd,
Kentucky Marriages to 1850, [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com,
1997. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual
counties in Kentucky.
--endquote--

Can we assume from this that Joseph's family was still in KY on 22 March
1811? Are there other such tidbits of info about the family for that year?
In other words, might we be able to deduce at about what time of the year
the group traveled to MO? It might help us get a better idea on when John
may have died.

If I recall, Rick Ernst was doing some research on that trip and had
compiled a list of people who may have been on it--perhaps the White
family as well. Does anyone know about that?

Midterms have kept me very busy lately so haven't been posting much. It's
going to be crazy the next 6 weeks!

-Michael