William Cooley, with General Clark

From: Jane Wisdom <jdwisdom_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:14:50 -0500

I have not followed this real closely but something just caught my
attention. It is possible that the William Cooley you have listed here
under George Rogers Clark knew Randolph White, who also served under General
Clark and settled in Ky after the Rev. War as a neighbor to John Cooley, Sr.
Several of Randolph White's children married grandchildren of John Cooley,
Sr. from both Joseph and James. Do I understand this correctly, that this
William Cooley is probably the brother of Joseph and James and the son of
John Cooley, Sr.? Do we know when and where William Cooley enlisted?
Randolph White enlisted about 1779 or before in Va. If so, these
relationships become more interesting. You can find Randolph White's 2011
Revolutionary Memorial on Find a Grave.
Jane Wisdom