Re: Joel

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:59:38 -0700

I haven't seen the 1880 mortality census schedule for Wm G Cooley. It
should list the birthplace of his parents. Knowing whether Joel was born
in NC or KY would help better place his birth year.

By now, everyone may be aware of the 1838 TN Supreme Court case, VALENTINE
v. COOLEY, which names the heirs of WMC. I've copied it from google books:

http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1229380138+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/johncooley-desc.html

I've changed my Y page to reflect that Joel died in 1814, not 1812.

-Michael