Re: Dickson Co. census - COOLEY - BAILEY

From: Jane Wisdom <jdwisdom_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:34:14 -0500

Are you looking at page 33 of the 1840 Randolph County, Mo. census for this
John Cooley? Would it help any to identify the other Cooley's on the same
page? There is Darrin Cooley, William Cooley, James Cooley and John
Cooley. On the next
page there is Nancy Cooley. Also, Randolph White, son of Randolph White is
on the same page as Nancy. His sister would be married to John Cooley, son
of Joseph.
On the page previous is Bartholomew Heifner, another of my grandfathers.
HIs daughter in law was Sarah Cooley, daughter of William Cooley, son of
John (Joseph)

It may be possible the John Cooley on that page is the son of Joseph that
married Elizabeth White.
There are several members of my ancestors on these three pages. Jeremiah
Summers is another.

I don't think I know who Darrin Cooley is and doubt the William Cooley could
be the son of John since he was just married in 1840. And I don't know who
the Nancy Cooley is or the James Cooley. However, the Randolph White
would be a brother in law to John Cooley, son of Joseph. And the
Bartholomew Heifner on the next page would be the father in law to Sarah
Cooley,, granddaughter of John Cooley(Joseph)., but not until 1868.
I'll go over my list of children and ages for my John Cooley in the morning
and compare. May want to make certain which John Cooley this is. Are you
looking at the John Cooley on page 33, 1840 Randolph County census?
Jane Wisdom