Re: Dickson Co. census - COOLEY - BAILEY

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:01:47 -0700

Yes, we believe that Elizabeth Cooley was the daughter of John Cooley
Bearden, but Elizabeth and EC were born before the marriage. Therefore, we
think John could have been the John who married Eliza Locke.

The 1840 census for John Cooley in Randolph MO county appears to be John
and Martha:

2 males under 5 (Milo and Willow? - same person?)
1 male 5-9 (EC)
1 male 30-39 (John)
1 female 5-9 (Elizabeth m Bailey)
1 female 15-19 (Julia Ann?)
1 female 30-39 (Martha)
1 female 50-59 ( !!!! )

I think Milo and Willow are the same person. The third male child could
have been the man who married Nancy. But EC's first wife was Nancy Ann
Nippen. Can't find her on the 1870 census--nor Mary Ann Storey.

I have notes for John in two places:

http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1276662005+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/Cooley-Bearden-desc.html

http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1167835994+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/johncooley-desc.html

Notes for James are here:

http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1167835939+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/johncooley-desc.html

Some of that is old and some of it we now discount.

-Michael