Re: Birth date for James Cooley that married Jane White

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:12:48 -0700

I've often wondered about the Burnams too.

Regarding the scans, keep in mind that Sandy said in a previous email that
she had left out Benjamin's name in the list of heirs on the third page.

Yes, I have to say that Sandy is one of the best genealogists I've ever
corresponded with!

-Michael

> I learned something new from this scan. Henry Burnam listed here is my
> GGG
> Grandfather on my mother's side, the Cooley's on my fathers. I did not
> know
> the Burnams and the Cooleys knew each other. I don't think my parents
> knew
> each other until they lived next door in Macon County, Mo. and attended
> the
> same country school. However, I did know the Burnams lived in Howard
> County first.
> Pleasant Wilson, the administration for James Cooley was married to Susan
> Burnam, daughter of Henry Burnam in Estill County, Ky., 1814. This is
> Henry Burnam, Jr. His father, Henry Sr. is buried in Wake Co., NC.
> Henry's
> first child to be born in Mo. was 1819 and the last to be born in Ky. was
> 1816 so they must have come to Mo. between those years which would have
> been
> later than the Cooley's. Wonder if they knew each other in Ky.
> Jane

>>> 1818. The repetition of names from generation to generation is a
>>> nightmare.