Re: John Cooley m Jane White

From: Sandra Stanton <sandystanton_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

Michael,
Everything that I have lists Benjamin R. Cooley as a minor heir of James Cooley.  Also, I found this in my papers;

State of Missouri
County of Howard
Armistead S Grundy Clerk of the County Court  (can't read) for the County of Howard. To all who shall see these presents -- Greetins - Know ye that whereas James Cooley of the County aforesaid died intestate as is said and Pleasant Wilson having given satisfortory security and complied with other re____ of law, I do by these present give and grant unto the said Pleasant Wilson full power and authority to administer all and singular the goods chattels rights and credits of said deceased lying and being in within the state aforesaid and to ask demand and legally require and secure all manner of debts and demands due and owing to the said deceased and will and faithfully to depose of the same according to law.   And lastly I do by these presents constitute & appoint the said Pleasand Wilson administrator of all and singular the goods chattels rights and credits of the aforesaid James Cooley deceased.
Witness my hand with the Seal of  ___ said Court affixed this ninth day of January one thousand Eight Hundred & Twenty two and ___ forty sixth year of the Independence of the United States.
       for A S Grundy  clerk
            HL  Boon  Dep. Clerk

Given the above I would say that the Letters of Administration would be the date mentioned above.

What third page is hanging you up?

Sandy