[List] Joseph Cooley death notice

Kate Duncan kdunkjune at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 13:15:10 PST 2007

I received a copy of the Joseph Cooley death notice today from the State Historical Society of Missouri. This is from the Missouri Intelligencer of Franklin, MO, dated April 14, 1826, page 3, col 3. It's in a column that seems to be a collection of news from Clay County. The complete text is:

"On the 3rd inst. Mr. JOSEPH COOLEY, formerly of Howard county."

Thanks for the great lead, Sandra! I believe this is clearly Joseph Cooley who died in Clay County in 1826, leaving his wife, Keziah, and several children (including my 5-g-grandmother Elizabeth Cooley White.)

Just finished a grueling few weeks of work (21 days straight in October,  many late nights) so I'm eager for this long holiday weekend and finally getting back to some genealogy research. Will try to do some more transcriptions of documents I copied in August at the Clay County Historical Archives, and post them when I do. Hope all is well with everyone!

-- Kate

http://mail.yahoo.com