[List] Cooley Documents

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Sun May 13 19:45:27 PDT 2007

These letters are marvelous. I just wish she had written to some of my
family. But because my family came from Adair Co., KY there are people in
the letters that are probably "kin". I just can't connect the dots at
this time.

>From what I have gathered, and from reading her letters, I do think
Mildred  had errors for some early generations. Like all of us, she was
setting forth a hypothesis, and then testing it as she found information.
She apparently was not aware of the 2 June 1814 marriage record in Adair
Co., KY of James Cooley & Frances Miller that says he was a son of Daniel
Cooley and she was a daughter of Henry Miller. I believe he was the son
James found in the 1826 Ray Co., MO estate records of Daniel Cooley (m.
Milly Ball). Some of Daniel's children went to MO and others stayed in
KY.

Shirley