[List] Cooley Documents

Dennis A. Young day at eskimo.com
Wed May 9 23:04:52 PDT 2007

I have custody of some of Mildred Cooley Tallant's original correspondence
and notes.  A couple of those letters have been transcribed and discussed
here.  About a year ago, I scanned them as .pdf files and saved them on a
hard drive for my own use.  I used a rather high resolution for better
legibility, and long descriptive file names so I could easily find what I
was looking for.  I hadn't planned on generally distributing them, but that
was also before this mailing list.

I have put the documents on a web site that I just created, with a rather
rudimentary contents page, at
http://www.eskimo.com/~day/cooley/docs/index.htm.  There's some rather good
info there, and you are all free to use the documents as you wish.  Be
aware, though, that some of the file sizes are kinda large, ranging from
about 200 kb to over 4 mb per file.  If any of you are using dialup,
download times may be lengthy.  Because of this, you may want to save
copies of documents you are interested in locally to save on download
times, and for your own documentation.

I've not really used much of this info previously, since my descent is from
Joseph T. Cooley and Mildred's research focus was on William Aaron
Cooley.  But she was a prolific writer, and some of the folks she wrote to
had info on my line.  I've read on this board that there is a theory that
these lines and others may in fact stem from the same source.  That makes
these documents more relevant, and its time to post them for general
discussion.

Dennis