[List] Fw: Re: Thomas Kirkland White Cooley

Dennis A. Young day at eskimo.com
Sun May 6 23:06:08 PDT 2007

Yes, I have a copy of the book.  The entry on pages 926-7 is as follows:

"Joseph (T.) [Cooley]; d. about 1826, is said to have come from South
Carolina to Christian Co., Ky., then to Howard Co. and Clay Co., Mo.  In
Clay Co. a lake no longer in existence was named for him.  He is believed
to be the father of John of Howard Co., 1793; m. 1816 Elizabeth White, and
had about 14 Children:  Dorothy, 1816, m. (1) --- Cooley, m. (2) Benjamin
Kiergan; Joseph, 1817; William, 1818; Thomas, 1820; Martha Jane, 1823;
Elizabeth Ann, 1824; Edward D., 1827; Nancy, 1828; John, 1830; Washington
Talbot (?), 1832; Elvira, 1833; Margaret Catherine, 1835; Eveline, 1836;
and Randolph Harrison, 1838.  Mrs. Mildred C. Tallant, Glendale, Calif."

I also have some of Mildred Cooley Tallant's original letters on this
family, including a number from Arthur Kiergan, son of Benjamin Kiergan and
Dorothy Cooley.

I can do additional lookups if needed.

Dennis