[List] Letter from Lura Coolley Hamil

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Thu Apr 19 21:48:35 PDT 2007

Hi Shirley,

Did you notice Hamil's assertion that the James Cooley of Madison Co KY was
son of Joseph Cooley and Sarah Trepalier? Do you think there is anything to
that? We know from his pension records that James was born in VA. It's also
interesting that he was living with a William Cooley in 1840. We had discussed
James a bit a few months ago. Do you have any thoughts on it or do you know
anything of her source for that information? But you're right. Her work is
riddled with far-flung speculation.

-Michael

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:20:08 -0400, Shirley Wilcox wrote