[List] Letter written by John Pierce Cooley, 1932

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Tue Apr 10 21:08:01 PDT 2007

Hi Mary,

Your post today inspired me to spend some time this evening looking at census
records. I've just now run into Benjamin and Hattie Cooley living right here
in Santa Cruz in 1920. Do you know if this was Elijah Casey Cooley's son? They
lived on Center St, just two blocks from where I work. The census record says
that he was a retired carrier for the newspaper. That would have probably been
the Santa Cruz Sentinel, across the street from the library and certainly
walking distance for him. He was 68 at the time and probably wouldn't have
lived much longer. Do you know if he died here? If more info is needed, I can
certainly spend some time at the library and paper looking for obit, etc.

-Michael

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:14:13 -0700, Mary Cooley wrote