[List] Kentucky Tax Lists

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Sun Mar 4 18:32:24 PST 2007

Sandra Stanton recently sent me these tax list readings for Washington, Casey
and Adair counties KY. There's a great deal of interest here. One of the first
things I noticed was that John Cooley (born by 1740) last appears in 1811.
That's the year that three of his sons went to MO. I believe it's also the
year that Edward Cooley finally left Stokes county NC for Indiana. It's been
my belief that John probably died that year, his death motivating the moves.
Of course, it's also possible that he too left for MO but never made it. That
might explain the lack of a will.

I haven't linked to this page from anywhere yet:

http://www.ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/kyTaxLists.html