[List] Cooleys - KY>MO>OR

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Tue Jan 2 11:23:09 PST 2007

You are absolutely correct that Mildred Tallant could not be correct and
seems to have mixed up two persons named James Cooley. What proof is
there for the middle name Alvin?

The 12 heirs of Daniel Cooley are named in Ray Co., MO probate records.
The heirs included a James Cooley.
LDS microfilm #0959737, Ray Co., MO Wills, Letters & Bonds, Vol. A,
1821-1838
p48
        lists a final distribution by John Stanley Administrator of
estate of Daniel Cooley dec'd
William Cooley - ordered to be pd Thos Hardwick
John Cooley - pd to him, receipt dated 23 July 1828
James Cooley - pd him at sundry times
Daniel Cooley - ordered to pay Thos Hardwick
Elias Cooley
Reuben Cooley
Anna Munday
Rebecca Hardwick - pay to Thos Hardwick
Sally Mayberry
Polly Smart
Elizabeth Salley
Malinda Turner

Three of Daniel's daughters as well as one son, have marriage records
listing parentage. For others there is simply a name of the bride and
groom.  I'll attach some notes.

Shirley