[List] Cooleys - KY>MO>OR

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Mon Jan 1 20:14:33 PST 2007

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the posts!

If Mildred Tallant was correct then James Alvin Cooley (father of Miller) and
 James Cooley of Madison County, Kentucky were the same person. But there is a
discrepency of 30 years in the birth dates. I think Mildred was correct about
her great-father being named James but that he was the James of the Revolution
was probably wishful thinking on her part. As you point out, there are a lot
of errors in the Hamil book.

Frankly, I don't know what the proof is that James Alvin Cooley was the son of
Daniel (1765-1826). If someone has it I'd love to make note of it. Also, there
is always the possibilty that Daniel has been misidentified with the John
Cooley family. I do find it interesting that he left NC so much earlier than
the others. But that's where the yDNA tests would really come in handy. I'd
love to hear from a male descendant of his!

In regards to James of Madison county, I haven't seen any indication that he
had any children. Do you think that some of the evidence points to the fact
that he did?

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 19:16:51 -0500, Shirley Wilcox wrote