[List] Rev. David McClain

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Mon Jan 1 18:19:11 PST 2007

Rev. David McClain of MO, who married William White & Elizabeth Cooley,
also fits as a collateral line in my Clay family. The Reverend's son
David Hancock McClain married Nancy Hancock Clay daughter of James Clay.
Nancy was born 28 Jan. 1818, St. Charles Co., MO and died 4 Dec. 1895,
Lakeport, CA. James Clay was a brother to my Jeremiah Walker Clay
(1765-1845). Jeremiah Walker Clay had a daughter Louisa Clay who married
James Townsend Thompson of Lakeport, CA. Their daughter California
Missouri Thompson married Leander Anderson Young, whom I mentioned in a

My grandfather Harold Clinton Starkey, was a grandson of Leander Anderson
& Callie (Thompson) Young, and he married Sophia May Fees who was a
granddaughter of Jacob & Nancy Ann (Cooley) Fees of Lakeport, CA.

So, if anyone has anything to share on these families, it would be of
interest to me. There were lots of Kentucky families that moved to
Missouri and then on to California or Oregon. Many of them had paths that
crossed and of course intermarriages.

Shirley